Ctrlpnts.rb plugin for Sketchup 6.0, which adds control construction points to curves
Download link to ctrlpnts.rb.
How to use:
1) put “ctrlpnts.rb” to “Google SketchUp 6\Plugins” folder
2) start SketchUp 6
3) draw arc curve, freehand curve or make a curve from a set of edges (use Rick Wilson's 'weld.rb' plugin)
4) select curve, right-click on it, then choose “Add control points to the curve” command from the context menu:"Curve Control Points Settings" dialog box appears, specify how many control points you want to add and select appropriate "Curve vertices 'behaviour': ", then click "OK"
5) you may move added construction points to change processed curve shape
- script does not work properly with closed curves
- moving more than one control point at a time does not work yet (ver. 1.0. processes only one control point change event for now)
ver. 1.0. demo video: